Learning to make life's healing choices
More Prayer for 2021
There are so many things that we should celebrate as blessings in the year gone by. God has been good to us. He has taught us that church is still church regardless of whether we get to meet together in our buildings. He has taught us that church is not a building nor is it bound by our traditional preferences
And He has taught us to pray more. All we think, say, and do in 2021 must be saturated in prayer. This is that eternal working of the will of God into the hearts of men. It is the pathway of surrendering our bodies as living sacrifices to His person, purposes, and providence.
O Lord my God, Redeemer, Saviour, Father and Friend. with some sense of fear and trembling, I pray:
Not my will, but Thy will be done.
In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Principles Adopted - Life's Healing Choices!
1. Realize I’m not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and that my life is unmanageable.
“Happy are those who know they are spiritually poor.” Matt 5:3
2. Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him, and that He has the power to help me recover
“Happy are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” Matt 5:4
3. Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ’s care and control.
“Happy are the meek.” Matt 5:5
4. Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself and to someone I trust.
“Happy are the pure in heart.” Matt 5:8
5. Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects.
“Happy are those whose greatest desire is to do what God requires.” Matt 5:6
6. Evaluate all my relationships. Offer forgiveness to those who have hurt me and make amends for harm I’ve done to others when possible, except when to do so would harm them or others. (Steps 8 and 9)
“Happy are the merciful.” “Happy are the peacemakers”
7. Reserve a daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading, and prayer in order to know God and His will for my life and to gain the power to follow His will.
8. Yield myself to God to be used to bring this good news to others, both by my example and my words
“Happy are those who are persecuted because they do what God requires.” Matt 5:10